The best sitcom for learning - Mind Your Language

Orion

Administrator
Команда форума
NB: here and below not to teach English, but share experience during continuous process of learning.

Learning or trying to improve your English? So, this is quick and fun way to feel the language!

I believe, that there is no sense to highlight the efficiency of supporting your English with movies? Where you can immerse to English environment, feel a specific pronunciation and styles of different nationalities, right?

Mind your English / Выбирайте выражения (1977-1986)
Clip.jpg
Mind your language DVD

What Wiki says about it?
Mind Your Language is a British sitcom that premiered on ITV in 1977. It was produced by London Weekend Television and directed by Stuart Allen. Three series were made by London Weekend Television between 1977 and 1979, and it was briefly revived in 1985 (or 1986 in most ITV regions) with six of the original cast members. The series shows people of different countries with different social background, religions, and languages existing in the same classroom, learning English as a foreign language. (Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_Your_Language)

In the sitcom you will meet a nationalities with whom you work on board ships or office. Please enjoy.
indian.jpggreek guy Max.jpgpakistanian.jpg
Screenshots of sitcom 'Mind Your Language' with characters: Ranjeet Singh, Maximillian Andreas Archimedes Papandrious and Ali Nadim

Example of expressions:
  • Hopping to be unrolled (instead enrolled)
  • I am not looking where I am going
  • We are also pleased to be meeting you
  • I am working at the moment not anywhere at all
  • I am very happy to be learningo ingo English
  • sheeps-ships
  • tonkers-tankers (besides of that tonkers - slang defined meaning of male genitalia/penis)
  • hopping-hoping
  • sick-Sikh
  • -I would like to have a word with him -Which word you would like to have?
Also you may find review in Russian in Kinopoisk https://www.kinopoisk.ru/series/395130/ One of review:
Выбирайте выражения сериал 1977 – 1986.png
Screenshot of review 'Mind Your Language' by cthulhukill / (c) kinopoisk.com
mind your language.jpgclass.jpg
Screenshots of sitcom 'Mind Your Language'

External links

Последнее редактирование:

Orion

Administrator
Команда форума
Occasionally, all seasons are available on Youtube, but Season 4 located in differed Youtube channel.

season 1.jpg

Mind Your Language / Season 1

Vocabulary
  • S01E01
    • tonker - slang male male genitalia/penis (мужское хозяйство)
    • poof - slang homosexual (пид***с, пе**к)
    • backside - не грубый аналог ass
  • S01E03
    • pudding club - render to pregnant (забеременеть, обрюхатить)
  • S01E04
    • to get your oats - to have a sex
Highly recommended!

Последнее редактирование:
Сверху